Our mission is to provide a unique family orientated disc golf experience embracing our history with an appreciation of nature.
WJ HOMESTEAD DISC GOLF
OPEN FOR THE 2014 SEASON
EVENTS FOR 2014 - see Special Events page for details
New - 2014 TRILOGY CHALLENGE on JULY 6 - Congratulations to Rudy Falconer for winning the first Trilogy Challenge.
TIM'S THREE TEE INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT on JULY 12 - Congratulations to Jerrid Driedger for holding the title of winner for three years in a row.
ANNUAL WJ CLASSIC on SEPT. 7 - Everyone Welcome
OPEN EXCLUSIVELY for Stewardship Members and for groups of 10 or more
Membership Mid-Season Special: $60
Visit Stewardship Membership page for details
Dan Clovis from Shaw TV put together a great feature of our course! Check it out.
Thank you to Canadian Rocky Mountain Ranch, Don's Hobby Shop, Lifesport, Grizzly Paw Brewing Company and Disc sport Promotions for sponsorship for the 2014 special events.
Why should you be a member of WJ Homestead Disc Golf?
- Access to a private world class Disc Golf Course in the beautiful Alberta Foothills
- 18 Holes, Innova Discatcher Pro Baskets, two basket placements, Recreational, Advanced and Professional Tee boxes.
- Alternate Homestead heritage targets
- 54+ variations of the course to play
- Well maintained course with amazing natural terrain making for a fun and challenging game
- Scorecard with distances and Pars for all holes
- Tournament invitations to: Tim’s Three Tee, Homestead Hole in One, WJ Classic Tournaments
- Only 20 minutes from either Calgary, Okotoks, Black Diamond/Turner Valley or Bragg Creek
- Pitch & Putt warm up area, porta potti and hand wash station, picnic tables and firepit
What is a Stewardship Membership?
- Members have a stake in ensuring that all other members and guests adhere to course rules and etiquette.
- Members help in respecting and preserving of the natural habitat of the course
- Members are permitted to bring one guest
- Family memberships available
- Refer to hours and admission page for further details.
Disc Golf players use a variety of discs such as a driver, mid range or putter disc to navigate through the disc golf course much like a golfer would on a golf course. Most first time participants choose to use a single multipurpose mid range disc until they become more skilled with the various throwing techniques: forehand, backhand and overhand.
Aim your disc at a little bit of Alberta’s homestead history. Every historical target on this 18 hole disc golf course offers a different challenge. Thank you to the Leighton Art Center for donating a vintage outhouse from the one room Sheep Creek schoolhouse for our hole 18 target. Play this family outdoor sport built on 23 acres of unspoiled natural terrain. The hills, valleys, woodlands, ponds and wetlands provide for a most interesting game of disc golf. We share this land with deer, moose, coyotes, ducks, geese, raptors and numerous song birds. The course is set on land homesteaded in 1896 by William Jackson and has had 5 generations live on the land.
Come, join us and enjoy a game of disc golf in the scenic foothills on this historic piece of land with the majestic Rocky Mountains as a backdrop. The disc golf course has varied terrain making for a moderate physical challenge. The course now offers a challenge for beginners to advance players with recreation, advance and professional tee boxes. We recommend a light hiking or walking shoe. Dress for the season keeping in mind that Alberta weather can change rather quickly especially in the foothills.
In order to comply with our licensing permit no alcoholic beverages are allowed on the course; so we ask that players please respect the policy so that our course can continue to be available.